Currently OUT OF STOCK from the manufacturer with no arrival date indicated. You may sign up to be notified when this product is available by clicking the Notifications button above. We have also listed links for related products below.
Classically known as Augmented Jade Windscreen, this formula is used to build defensive energy (wei qi) and Consolidate the Surface.
Formula Source: Jade Windscreen Powder, Teachings of Zhu Dan Xi
Actions: Augments the Qi, Stabilizes the Exterior
Notes: The traditional formula was improved with the addition of Ligustrum lucidum (privit fruit / Nu Zhen Zi) and Cinammomi ramulus (cinammon twig / Gui Zhi). Adding Ligustrum expands the immune enhancing property of astragalus while reducing the drying properties of both the atractylodes and the ledebouriella. Replacing some siler and bai zhu with cinnamon twig also reduces dryness. These changes makes the formula more potent and suitable for long-term use for those with dry or yin deficient constitutions.
- Astragali Radix (Astragalus Membricanaceus / Milk-vetch root / Huang Qi) - Benefits the Qi(Qi), Lifts the Yang, Strengthens the Spleen (pancreas), Tonifies the Wei Qi (defensive energy). Major constituents: 2,4-dihydroxy-5,6-dimethoxyisoflavane, choline, betain, kumkatenine, glucoronic acid, b=sitosterol.
- Ligustri Lucidi Fructus (Ligustrum lucidum / Privet fruit / Nu Zhen Zi) - Nourishes and Tonifies the Liver and Kidney Yin (promotes the flow of energy and the storage of energy and blood), Strengthens the Jing (slows aging). Major constituents: oleanolic acid, mtol, palmitic acid, linoleic acid, ursolic acid.
- Atractylodis Rhizoma (Atractylodis macrocephala / Atractylodis rhizome / Bai Zhu) - Stabilizes the Exterior, Benefits the Qi, Tonifies the Spleen/pancreas, Dries Dampness. Major constituents: atractylol, atractylon, Vitamine A.
- Cinnamomi, Ramulus (Cinnamomum cassia / Cinnamon twig / Gui Zhi) - Adjusts the Protective Qi, Warms the Channels, Disperses Cold, Moves and Strenghens the Yang, Transforms Qi. Major constituents: cinnamic aldehyde, ethyl cinnamate.
- Ledebouriellae Sesloidis Radix (Ledebourilla or Saposhinikovia / Siler / Fang Feng) - Releases the Exterior, Expels Wind Cold, Expels Wind Damp. Major constituents: mtol, phenols .
(Amounts per Suggested Serving Size)
California Proposition 65 Warning - This product contains a chemical or chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. (For details on Dr. Shen's manufacturing processes and testing procedures see Dr. Shen's Proposition 65 FAQs).
About Dr. Shen's
Dr. Shen's produces a line of popular Chinese herbal formulas in FDA inspected, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) approved plants located in the U.S. Dr. Shen's uses the finest grades of herbs, importing them whole rather than as a powder in order to assess all ingredients for authenticity and quality. All herbs undergo laboratory inspection and contain no dyes, animal products or unlisted ingredients.
Individual results may vary. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The statements on this website and all affiliates have not been evaluated by the FDA. Advice on treatment or care of an individual patient should be obtained through consultation with a trained health care practitioner.