Apply this Chinese herbal medicated oil to temporarily relieve minor aches and pains of muscles and joints due to simple backache, arthritis, strains, bruises and sprains.
1 fl oz (30 ml) bottle
Apply to upper back, neck and back of head. This formula has a descending action, so caution is advised in those with low blood pressure. Although originally formulated for the upper back and neck, it is also very effective when massaged into other areas where there is pain.
- Peppermint Oil (Menthe haplocalyx) - Peppermint oil is a volatile oil which is frozen from a solution distilled from fresh peppermint and water. According to ancient Chinese herbal books, peppermint oil's main effect is relieving headache discomfort.
- Chinese Camellia Oil (Camellia sinensis / tea oil) - A volatile oil extracted by distilling dried camellia branches and leaves, it has a light colour and fragrance and a consistency like olive oil that gives this formulation its rich quality. According to ancient Chinese herbal books, Chinese camellia oil can eliminate chill and ease pain. It is a major ingredient for traditional Chinese cold remedies and stomach tonics.
- Dragon's Blood (Daemonorops draco, also known as Resina Draconis / pinyin is xue jie) - According to the import herbs standards set forth by China's Ministry of Health, Dragon's Blood can help stop bleeding and ease pain from bruises. The herb helps dispel blood stasis and alleviate pain.
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza uralensis / gan cao) - The dried root of licorice, a legume. According to ancient Chinese herbal books, licorice can eliminate heat, toxins and sputum, ease coughing, and sooth cramps and pains in the limbs.
- Scute Radix (Scutellaria baicalensis / huang qin) - Clears heat, treats hot sores and swellings.
- Cinnamon Oil
(Amounts per Suggested Serving Size)
About Po Sum On
Po Sum On was founded in Hong Kong in 1907 and distributes to Chinese herbal stores worldwide. Po Sum On always adheres to the principle of "Quality is our Top Priority" and has been granted a GMP Certificate by the TGA of Australia since 1998.