Dr. Shen's, Women's Precious Formula, 200 ct
UPC Code: 789741000141
Dr. Shen's Woman's Precious Formula is used as a daily supplement to boost and maintain Blood and Qi. Though this product is used by both men and women, it is most often used by women to supplement regular blood loss due to menstruation. Especially useful for women who eat little or no red meat.Though this formula is traditionally recommended throughout pregnancy and nursing as well as in many cases of infertility, pregnant women should always consult a health practitioner before taking any supplement.
A powerful version of the classical formula known as Eight Treasures. It was first published in the Zheng Ti Lei Yao (Catalogued Essentials for Correcting the Body) by Dr. Bi Lai Zhai in the year 1529.
Also known as: Tang Kwei Pill, Dang Gui Pill, Women's Precious Pill, Eight Treasures, Ba Zhen Wan
Four to Six tabs are recommended daily for health maintenance. Relieving symptoms can require nine to twelve or more tabs daily. Ideally, these are taken in three doses, preferably on an empty stomach. Compliance, however, may improve when taken twice-a-day, half in the morning and half in the evening. The course of use is a minimum of one month and a maximum of eleven months per year.
The per serving can also be taken together with Dr. Shen's Free and Easy (also known as Shao Yao Wan) to help circulation and drainage while still strengthening the Blood.
Like most Chinese herbal tonics (strengtheners), discontinue during cold and flu.
- Dang Gui (also known as Tang Kwei, Dong Guay, Angelica Sinensis Radix, Chinese Angelica Root) - Strengthens Blood, Invigorates Blood, Harmonizes Blood, Regulates Menses. Major known constituents: butylidene phthalide, n-valerophenone-o-carboxylic acid, Vitamin B-12, carotene, beta-sitosterol.
- White Peony Root (also known as Bai Shao, Peonia Lactiflora) - Nourishes the Blood, Pacifies the Liver, Retains the Yin. Major known constituents:paeoniflorin, paeonol,paeonin, triterpenoids.
- Chinese Foxglove Root (also known as Shu Di Huang, Rehmannia Glutinosa Radix) - Tonifies the Blood, Tonifies the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Major known constituents: B-sitosterol, mtol, stigmasterol, camesterol, rehmannin.
- Szechuan Lovage Root (also known as Chuan Xiong, Liguistici Wallichi) - Invigorates the Blood, Promotes the Circulation of Qi(energy), Expels Wind. Major known constituents: alkaloids, phenols, lactones, ferulic acid.
- Poor Man's Ginseng (also known as Dang Shen, Codonopsis Radix) - Benefits the Qi(energy), Nourishes Fluids, Strengthens the Lungs and Digestive Organs. Major known constituents: Saponins, alkaloids, glucose, sucrose, inulin.
- Bai Zhu (also known as Atractylodes Macrocephala rhizome) - Benefits the Qi, Tonifies the Spleen, Dries Dampness. Major known constituents: atractylol, atractylon, vitamin A.
- Fu Ling (also known as China-root, Poria Cocos, Sclerotium of Tuckahoe, Hoelen Fungus) - Leeches out Dampness, Strengthens Digestion, Harmonizes the Middle Burner, Calms the Spirit, Improves the performance of other tonifying herbs. Major known constituents: B-pachyman, tumulosic acid, 3B-hydtoxylanosta-7, chitin, protein, lecithin.
- Chinese Licorice root baked with honey (also known as Zhi Gan Cao, Glycyrrhiza Uranelsis radix) - Tonifies the Spleen, Benefits the Qi, Cleanses Fire Poisons, Moderates and Harmonizes other herbs, Improves the performance of other tonifying herbs. Major known constituents: glycyrrhizic acid, uralenic acid, loquiitigenin.
About Dr. Shen's
Dr. Shen's produces a line of popular Chinese herbal formulas in FDA inspected, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) approved plants located in the U.S. Dr. Shen's uses the finest grades of herbs, importing them whole rather than as a powder in order to assess all ingredients for authenticity and quality. All herbs undergo laboratory inspection and contain no dyes, animal products or unlisted ingredients.
California Proposition 65 Warning - This product contains a chemical or chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. (For details on Dr. Shen's manufacturing processes and testing procedures seeDr. Shen's Proposition 65 FAQs).
Individual results may vary. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The statements on this website and all affiliates have not been evaluated by the FDA. Advice on treatment or care of an individual patient should be obtained through consultation with a trained health care practitioner.